Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Blank Page- SSF



I love the prospect of a blank page.
The anticipation.
You are all sitting there and wondering whether Madi 
will talk about something of importance today.
Well Madi hasn't made her mind up just yet,
the page is still blank my friends.

ahhh...how about some reminiscing? See if I can evoke my self to tears,
its a rainy July day and the chill from my bedroom window won't stop crying until I write,
write it all.




Grey, wet, muddy and gloomy.  That is Krasnodar weather. But before that, it's Adventure weather for the mk’s in K-dar. Playing refugee Jews in t-shirts and torn sneakers, hanging out in the gloom till our bodies were so frozen they turned numb, then took to burning so bad you were no longer cold. We’d race through the puddles taking shelter in abandoned half-built buildings, crawling hands and knees through the freshly softened mud.  We’d climb fences, walls, empty trailers. We’d sit in the basement of a brick house listening to the rain as we made up stories about kingdoms and castles. We were brave, climbing up straight walls using only chips in the bricks to get to the top, two floors up we would balance along a single row of bricks unspoken words dared each other to walk farther, faster. We had many gateways to Narnia and the like. A tin blue house, a Redwall, a cherry orchard, a field, a secret cement tunnel, an empty green house, and a white house. 


155. I am open minded now.




The white house feels like worlds away now, a different time and a different me. In a way it breaks my heart to realize that those chapters have been closed. But it also excites me as I whisper, “What’s Next?” 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What do you have to say ABOUT THAT?