Sunday, May 6, 2012

Short Story Friday- A Man's Song


A Man’s Song

    Out my window and across the street stands one solitary green house. It is exactly 10:29 as I stare into its pulsing gold heart, glowing and flickering through the dirty glass. 10:30, and the night is filled with the sound of a Muslim call to prayer. The song is haunting and beautiful so I creep out my window onto the tin awning for a better listen. The tin glints and sparkles as I slide down its slanted surface, I look up at the starry sky, the lone man’s voice still ringing in the night. Light pollution from the city corrupts my starry sky. I feel I am so close to civilization and yet still so close to such bazar and haunting things as this man’s song. I believe I could reach over and grab the hands of both, uniting them.
    As if to confirm my suspicions a brilliant array of fireworks light up the sky to my left. I sit in wonder and awe of the red and white fountains of shooting stars. In between the thundering bursts I hear his song. It mingles in and out of the ecstatic shocks of fire, until they both die away into the night, leaving nothing but smoke and silence. 

109. The Man's Song








110. It is a different world for me now



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What do you have to say ABOUT THAT?