Friday, May 18, 2012

Rock Climbing Climbing Climbing



This week I went rock climbing with some friends in Royal Rangers (Russian RR at that)
We climbed somewhere near Hamichki (nowhere town, I don't even know why I bother to mention it) out by the White River.
I will admit it felt like I was rock climbing just getting up from the road to the cliff we were going to attempt to climb. I don't know if I got any pictures of how high it was, but it really was high.
My favorite thing about this trip was probably getting to know everyone better, things like long hikes, hot bus rides and almost falling off cliffs seem to do that to people.

Places like the White River with people like Polina or Alena really remind me of the reasons I love Russia. So next time someone digs up the street in front of our house and doesn’t fix it for 2 months or doesn't let us in the country (or our friends out), I will try and not get too ticked.

Tomorrow I’m going Rafting with them. Bright and early, probably leave the house around 5ish (am). I’ve been rafting before and love it, but I’m still a little nervous. Life is hard, but it’s even harder in a second language. I’m just praying that God won’t let me do anything stupid tomorrow. Oh yeah, and zap the entire Russian language into my head.

127. Southern Russia Climbing
Add caption
128. Rock Climbing

131. Good Climbers, you'll get good pictures
it's a solid fact. 

130. Spiderman
Yeah so that's what Cady started us all calling him. He made it to the top on all 4 sides of the wall. The rest of us, we all made it to the top on the first one, yeah that's it. 
131. Dislike
I...dislike....those metal rings, you aren't supposed to grab on them to climb because it's cheating and they may come out, but it's so tempting!!!!
132. America.Visas.Russia.
I am VERY proud of this picture, I actually like the way it turned out (and that's saying something)
This is Igor by the way. His family wants to live in America and they have been trying for two years, stupid Russia won't give them visas. They were supposed to leave this month, but that didn't happen.

133. She "ROCKS" Socks
And this is Tasha :) Who matches the color of the rocks and "ROCKS" the color turquoise 
134. Commander Dude
This guy was a pretty amazing climber as well.  I mean if Igor is good (and he was) this guy is like 5 times as good.



The view from the top was absolutely amazing, as you can see from Alena's shocked face. I really should have climbed it with my camera.... I did climb some with the camera to get these pictures but not like 'climb climb' with a rope and all.

Watching Alena scream as one of the guys threatened to cut her rope if she didn't jump down already, was soooo funny.



Prettyyyy High




OP. What do you know? Russian girls do the duck face as well!



Pretending to sleep on the bus, making fun of the boys I guess, or just trying to get face time :) haha






Yeah so halfway up we all realize I forgot my helmet, whoops.

So overall, it was a pretty fun day!
now adios. I like have to wake up in a few hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What do you have to say ABOUT THAT?