Friday, April 13, 2012

Another You by January Meredith Attkins



Another Short Story Friday to make up for missing it last week? Here you go then,
I hope this satisfies you,

P.S. Remember to read slowly, and really think.



Excerpts from Another You a book by January Meredith Attkins




Sometimes I hear them call me, sometimes I hear them cry. They are a constant reminder of what I have done. What could have been, what I prevented. They ask me why I did it. But I can’t answer them, they shouldn’t exist. But now I know better. How can I tell them why I did it? How can I be justified? All my reasons seem so trivial now. I took all that could have been.
Now they’re gone.
And I am solely to blame.

         Amanda Jordan 18, Another You pg. 98 


      


      At times, I watched the snow fall. I imagined myself standing in the snow, twirling around in my hospital gown. The cool touch of a snowflake on my tongue. The way I would laugh when the wind blew a flurry of white Angels onto my face.  I would dance along the lawn, my pale feet making deep imprints in the soft white floor.  I would sing a song of winter’s joys.
       But I can’t do this
       I can’t even move a finger

       Nora June 45,  Another You pg. 54.

        




      Lists, I make lists for everything
1. Lists for my shopping
2. Lists for the books on my shelves
3. Lists for the things to get done during the day
4. Lists for the reasons I love making lists
So I made lists for the reasons I cannot stand him
1. He is disorderly and Unconventional 
2. He never wears matching socks
3. He is always forgetting something
4. He laughs at my lists
But I love him
Because he is my opposite

Lizzy J.  Baker, Another You pg. 55


I was an astounding artist, for a ten year old. But there is a difference between prodigy and genius. Everyone has caught up to me now.
I am not a genius
was a prodigy

Lars Carlson 20, Another You  pg 12.



What if there is another you out there…Someone who goes through the pains and joys of life, just like you. What if there is a whole world of you. What if we are all more similar then we had originally thought. What if we could feel comforted knowing that we can understand each other? That our stories, though all unique and sometimes strange, are all similar?
We are similar.
You aren’t so alone after all.

January Meredith Attkins, Another You pg. 1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What do you have to say ABOUT THAT?