Thursday, March 8, 2012

365- Happy Women's Day




Happy Women’s day! If you live in Russia that is, if you live in America its ‘Be Nasty Day’ that is if you are one of those um, interesting, people who celebrates these odd lesser known Holidays (By the way tomorrow is Panic Day, in case you want to start celebrating strange lesser known Holidays) 
My dad has decided NOT to celebrate Women’s day, he says he will not celebrate a holiday celebrating your gender. So I’m not celebrating Father’s day (It’s pointless for me to celebrate men’s day because dad wouldn’t celebrate that one either…so I’ll hit it home with Father’s day, kidding, kidding).  I will celebrate March 24 instead (National Chocolate Covered Raisins Day)  
I actually don't really celebrate Women's Day or Be Nasty Day... but I can tell you what Women's Day is. Well it’s not Mother’s day that’s for sure. Women’s day is Russia’s way for making up for mistreatment of Women the other 364 days of the year. A week before the Holiday, it is ALL my girl friends at Royal Rangers talk about, you get a full 3 days off for Women’s day. No work, no school, just staying home and eating chocolate smelling the flowers you DEMAND to get. One day of holiday, and two days to recover from the drinking that happens on all holiday’s here in Russia. 

So, here on my blog today we are going to celebrate a little Women’s day, by showing some pictures of some lovely Women I know. There are a LOT of people I could put up here, but the internet is slow and the amount of photos at my finger tips are limited. I hope you like them : ) 

So how did you celebrate Women’s day? Or if you celebrate ‘Be Nasty Day’ how did that go over? 


Those Girls












 Those girls 

can really love








                           Those girls,
  can be extremely silly

Sometimes they dress up like dudes for games, or dye their hair and eat sticky marshmallows. 






   Those girls,
  can be oh SO adventuresome 


They might dare to try new things, or stand up to their fears




 

 Those girls,
  can be beautiful, 




 
They don't even try, they just are.




Ok, ok, you caught me...I just needed to catch up on my 365 again. 
sue me. 






8 comments:

  1. hang on, I celebrate women's day all year. I live with 5. I just think mother's day is a little more noble in that the mom is honored for actually doing something. There are plenty of men and women who don't deserve a "day". Real moms bust it out 365 from the day their kid and from that point on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know dad, I know, I'm just messing with you I am still celebrating Fathers day. HAVE NO FEAR!

      Delete
  2. Love it Madi! Thanks for the interesting information on Russia and for the FUN pictures! Love and miss you!
    Aunt Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Love you too Aunt Kirsten! It's so strange not being with you guys anymore :(

      Delete
  3. love it, Madi! great post! Welcome back to your home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. click this link here now https://www.dolabuy.co browse this site Balenciaga Dolabuy hop over to these guys bags replica ysl

    ReplyDelete
  5. site web j6v60r8v24 louis vuitton fake replica bags philippines wholesale replica bags los angeles replica gucci bag e4r55p6n89 replica bags in dubai replica bags delhi see here l8f92b3m68 replica bags india

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What do you have to say ABOUT THAT?